Friday, September 19, 2014

Parashat Emor, (Leviticus 23:23-23-32), 5/1/14


This reading is about Rosh Hashanah (New Year) and Yom Kippur (Day of Attonement)

“And any person who performs any work on that very day I will destroy that person from amidst its people.” (Leviticus 23:30)

Some say that religious laws are to control the people. On Yom Kippur we atone for our sins against God and against our fellow human being.

“It is a complete day of rest for you....” (Leviticus 23:32)

I waste a lot of time, but also never take a day off. Partly, maybe, because I waste so much time.

And what would I do, that wouldn't be work? Tomorrow is Saturday. I'll go to Torah study, then to my daughter's house, then write something for blog.kimmosley.com and for kenshinsbarmitzvah.blogspot.com and take some pictures. That is my work every day, other than doing physical exercise. May not do that tomorrow (did a lot today, and will do some on Sunday). I'm a little speechless about what I'd do if I did nothing. I think I'd be bored to tears.

I guess G_d will destroy me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. One cannot study the Torah alone.