Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Parshat Tzav, (Leviticus 8:30-8:36), 3/15/14

My friend, Levi, wondered why G_d was smoking. I took a workshop with a Jesuit priest/Zen teacher who said that G_d doesn't act against the laws of nature. It seems that would indicate that he has nothing to do but watch. So I let him smoke a pipe. And lately I've been using a water pipe (nebulizer) to keep my lungs clear...so I'm often smoking when I'm drawing. In the evening I "smoke" saline which is as close as I can get to the ocean in Austin. In addition, G_d loves the smoke from fat in a fire. Everything is smoke. Fat and oil make good smoke. 

“And Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood that was on the altar, and he sprinkled it on Aaron and on his garments, and on his sons, and on his sons' garments, and he sanctified Aaron, his garments, his sons and his sons' garments with him.”

“And Aaron and his sons did all the things that the Lord commanded through Moses.” When you are mature, you can do everything that you are told to do. Their connection with the Lord is solid. As Rashi said, “...they don't deviate to the right or to the left.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. One cannot study the Torah alone.